The ATC swap for May - Anything Goes But Must Contain a Button.
I have been playing around with making backgrounds with alcohol pens ProMarkers and thought the colours would go well with some old buttons I had.
Starting with the palest colour first, draw stripes along the card using the chisel tip, overlapping some of the shades. I used a coated card by Clarity. Actually, not my favourite card, but worked well for this technique - non bleeding and the colour sits on top of the card, rather than soaking in so the ink can be blended with each stroke of the pen.
Using a stamp from Stampin' Up and some Distress Markers I stamped some leaves on card cut to ATC size. This card should work well with water based dye ink, but only if it isn't too wet. The best approach is to ink up the stamp and then stamp lightly onto scrap paper before on the card. I still had some problems with voiding and pooling, but actually made some interesting patterns. The ink also took a while to dry.
Using the fine point on the Distress pens I added some little doodles on some of the leaves, once they were dry.
I stamped the flower heads on my regular stamping card in various co-ordinating colours and cut them out and inked around the edge with 'Old Paper' ink using foam.
The flower heads were mounted using foam pads and a button was added in the centre of each one, sticking with dimensional glue.