Experimenting with paper, inks, stamps, paints, fabrics, stitches, metal..........

Experimenting with paper, inks, stamps, paints, fabrics, stitches, metal..........

Monday 27 August 2012

Bank Holiday Monday Crafting

I've spent the Bank Holiday Monday, stamping, cutting, ripping and sticking.

I had a deadline for my August ATC swap and they need posting tomorrow!  This month's theme is THIS ENGLAND.  A few months ago I did a swap based around the Union flag with images that were distinctly British as the focal point.  I liked the result so I thought I would do something similar for this swap. 

I decided to use a 'Clean Collage' technique on this occasion, still incorporating stamped images.  Some images ripped up to create a stylised George Cross along with vellum and old book pages and other images simply stamped in black and cut out for the main image. 



Clean Collage refers to the fact that the collage doesn't cover all of the piece, there are areas of white card still visible.  Apart from the white ATC blanks all paper, vellum and card used were from the scraps box.  Using a gel glue to put everything together, the final pieces were not as one-dimensional as the photos suggest.  I love the rose stamp which I bought from 'differentcolors.nl' at Hobbycrafts in Birmingham last year, and have used it in a number of projects featured on the blog.



1 comment: