Some very simple ATCs for this month's swap, layered, stamped elements in a single colour.
While searching out rose stamps from of my collection, I thought this might be the opportunity to try out some pearlised card recently ordered from papermilldirect.co.uk.
It has a really subtle sheen and keeps it's true colour (some pearlised papers and card shine pink or green, which I didn't want for this project). At 300gsm and smooth it is perfect for ATCs - I always think they should feel like 'card', not being too flimsy.
I also made use of my wonderful new Dahle trimmer, cutting the base cards to standard ATC size of 2.5 x 3.5 inches along with topper and backer cards slightly smaller at 2.25 x 3.25 inches. Using a corner punch the corners of all the elements were rounded off.
Being pearlised card, I like to use a permanent alcohol based ink pad to prevent any smudging of the ink once stamped, I used Staz-On in Jet Black and it dries almost immediately on this card.
A background, made up of flourishes and swirls, was stamped on four of the base cards.
A different rose design was stamped on each of the topper cards.
One of the roses was larger than the card - this was mounted a plain base card, the other toppers were mounted on the stamped base cards.
The toppers were mounted on the base cards with dimensional glue.
The figure embellishements were made using stamps with 'Fig.' and random numbers from various little stamps. Stamping on the scraps of the pearlised card, specific areas of the stamp were inked up with a black Sharpie pen. These were then cut out and mounted onto the topper with foam pads.
To finish off the front of the cards, self adhesive half pearls were applied.
As with most of my swaps, the card backs get some decoration too, a little collage of stamps. The backers were stamped with 'ATC', my name, blog, a 'limited edition' postmark and a rose.